Capture NX-D (Windows)
Select your operating system.
This software update program is for the customer-owned product listed above (the “affected product”), and is provided only on acceptance of the agreement listed below. By selecting “Accept” and clicking “Download”, you are held to have accepted the terms and conditions of the agreement. Be sure you understand the terms of the agreement before beginning download.
About Capture NX-D
Capture NX-D photo processing software lets you realize the full potential of your Nikon digital camera and lens, producing images with the unsurpassable quality envisioned by our designers. It offers features specifically designed for post-processing of RAW images and provides them in an intuitive, easy-to-use form. In addition to processing RAW images, it can be used to enhance JPEG and TIFF images taken with Nikon digital cameras through adjustments to brightness, contrast, tone curves, and more.
- • This software is distributed as a file named “S-NXD___-01040AWF-ALLIN-ALL___.exe”. Download and run the file to perform the update.
- • When performing the update, log in to an account with administrator privileges.
- • Before beginning installation, exit Capture NX-D and all other applications, including any anti-virus software.
- • Read the information below before proceeding.
- Product Description
||Capture NX-D Version 1.4.0a
Note: Pre-installed versions only. 64- and 32-bit editions supported; runs as a native 64-bit application on 64-bit systems.
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
- Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1
||Pentium-compatible CPU (Core i5 or better recommended)
- 32-bit edition: 2 GB or more (4 GB or more recommended)
- 64-bit edition: 4 GB or more
|Hard disk space
||A minimum of 800 MB free disk space required for installation (2 GB or more recommended)
- Resolution: 1024 × 768 pixels (XGA) or more (1920 × 1080 pixels or more recommended)
- Colors: 32-bit color (True Color) or more
- • All Nikon digital SLR cameras from the D1 (released in 1999) to the D500 (released in April 2016)
- • All Nikon 1 cameras from the V1 and J1 (released in 2011) to the J5 (released in April 2015)
- • All COOLPIX cameras from the COOLPIX E100 (released in 1997) to models released in January 2016
|Supported file types
||All NEF/NRW (RAW), JPEG, and TIFF images created with supported digital cameras or Nikon software
- • Thumbnails and histograms are not updated to reflect changes in unsharp mask or the Picture Control sharpness parameter.
- • Capture NX-D does not immediately update when Picture Controls are edited or created in Picture Control Utility 2. The changes are reflected the next time Capture NX-D starts.
For information on using this software, select Capture NX-D Help in the Capture NX-D Help menu.
- Changes from Version 1.3.0 to 1.4.0a
- • Added support for the D5 and D500.
- • Added an Auto 0 white balance option (available with the D5 and D500 only).
- • Added an Auto Retouch Brush Tool to the toolbar.
- • The effects of noise reduction are now visible at all zoom ratios.
- • Added an Include areas where there is no image data option to the Camera and Lens Corrections > Fisheye tool in the edit list.
- • The default image quality for files converted to JPEG using Convert Files has been changed from 60 to 85.
- • Added the following preferences:
- - Sizes Medium/Small for NEF (RAW) Images
- - D1X RAW Default
- - Color Space for Color Reproduction
- • Fixed the following issues:
- - The software would sometimes not install correctly.
- - The Open with button and menu option were not available with images created in Capture NX 2.
- - Floppy disk drives (FDD) would sometimes be accessed during batch processing.
- - The application would sometimes quit unexpectedly if a folder containing images created with non-Nikon cameras was selected.
- - The clarity value for Custom Picture Controls would sometimes not be reflected.
- - NEF (RAW) photos shot with Df or D4 cameras at low ISO sensitivities (Lo 0.3–Lo 1) would brighten if saved using the Convert File option after white balance was adjusted using the gray point sample tool.
- - Some security software would interfere with batch processing.
- • The 64-bit edition of Camera Control Pro 2 can now be accessed using the Open with Camera Control Pro 2 option in the File menu.
- Create a folder on the hard disk and name it as desired.
- Download S-NXD___-01040AWF-ALLIN-ALL___.exe to the folder created in Step 1.
- Run S-NXD___-01040AWF-ALLIN-ALL___.exe to launch the installer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete installation.
- User's Manual
Capture NX-D Help
- Related Software
This download service is not available on your device.
You can send yourself an e-mail with a link to this download for use on another device.