Although your device does not support this download service, it can be used to view download information. Links to downloads can be sent via e-mail for download on another device.
Wireless Transmitter Utility (OS X 10.11)
Select your operating system.
This software update program is for the customer-owned product listed above (the “affected product”), and is provided only on acceptance of the agreement listed below. By selecting “Accept” and clicking “Download”, you are held to have accepted the terms and conditions of the agreement. Be sure you understand the terms of the agreement before beginning download.
About the Wireless Transmitter Utility
The Wireless Transmitter Utility is used to adjust connection settings for the UT-1 communication unit, D4S and D4 Ethernet connections, and the WT-5 and WT-4 wireless transmitters. The software for the WT-4 was called the WT-4 Setup Utility, but now that it supports the WT-5 and other devices the name has been changed to Wireless Transmitter Utility.
- • This software is for users of the UT-1 communication unit, the WT-5 and WT-4 wireless transmitters, and the D4S and D4 Ethernet connections.
- • This software is distributed as a file named “S-WTU___-010506MF-NSA__-64BIT_.dmg / S-WTU___-010506MF-INT__-64BIT_.dmg / S-WTU___-010506MF-EUR__-64BIT_.dmg / S-WTU___-010506MF-CND__-64BIT_.dmg”. Download and run the file to perform the update.
- • Before beginning installation, exit the Wireless Transmitter Utility and all other applications, including any anti-virus software.
- • When performing the update, you will be prompted for the administrator password.
- • The software does not support the following WT-4 modes: Thumbnail select mode and Print mode
- • Installing the Wireless Transmitter Utility uninstalls the WT-4 Setup Utility.
- • Users will need to redo the following network profiles (camera network settings) after upgrading from the WT-4 Setup Utility or Wireless Transmitter Utility version 1.3.0:
- - Image transfer or Camera control mode profiles for D4, WT-5, and Ethernet connections
- - Profiles for the WT-4 (Transfer mode and ftp upload profiles excepted)
- • Read the information below before proceeding.
- Product Description
||Wireless Transmitter Utility Version 1.5.6
||Intel Core series or Xeon series
||OS X 10.11 (note that this version of the utility cannot be installed under other versions of OS X)
||2 GB or more
|Hard disk space
||A minimum of 500 MB available on the start-up disk (1 GB or more recommended)
- Resolution: 1024 × 768 pixels (XGA) or more (1280 × 1024/SXGA or more recommended)
- Colors: 24-bit color (millions of colors) or more
- UT-1 communication units (with or without WT-5, compatible with D4S, D4, D810, D810A, D800, D800E, D750, D7200, D7100, and D7000 cameras)
- D4S and D4 cameras (supports built-in Ethernet)
- WT-5 wireless transmitters (compatible with D4S and D4 cameras)
- WT-4 wireless transmitters (compatible with D4S, D4, D3X, D3S, D3, D800, D800E, D700, D300S, D300, and D7000 cameras)
- UT-1 firmware: Be sure the firmware has been upgraded to the latest version. Users of the D800 and D800E should upgrade to firmware versions A 1.10 and B 1.10.
- WT-4 firmware: When using the utility with the WT-4, be sure the WT-4 firmware has been upgraded to version 1.1.
- Changes from Version 1.5.5 to 1.5.6
- • OS X 10.11 is now supported.
- Cautions for Users of the UT-1
- • When a UT-1 is connected to a D4 or D7000 camera, the software will in addition to the Transfer mode and PC mode options display Thumbnail select mode and Print mode options, but latter-named two options can not be used.
- • When using the Wireless Transmitter Utility to configure connection settings for a D4S, D4, or D7000, be sure to select WT-4/UT-1 (functions as WT-4) when prompted to select hardware.
- • When using the Wireless Transmitter Utility to configure connection settings for a D7100 or D800/D800E (firmware versions A 1.10/B 1.10), be sure to select Wired LAN when prompted to select hardware. If you are using a UT-1 with a WT-5 wireless transmitter, select WT-5 (wireless LAN).
- • When using a D4S or D4 with the UT-1, select WT-4 for Network > Choose hardware in the camera SETUP MENU.
- Transferring Movies Recorded with a D4S, D4, D3S, D800, D800E, D300S, or D7000 (WT-4)
Movie transfer is supported in the following modes:
- • D3S and D300S: Transfer mode
- • D4S, D4, D800, D800E, and D7000: Transfer mode and PC mode, but note that the Auto send and Send folder options are not supported in Transfer mode
Follow the steps below to transfer movies in Transfer mode.
- Connect in Transfer mode.
- Select a movie in full-frame thumbnail playback.
- Select the movie for transfer as described below. Upload will begin immediately.
• D4S and D4: Keeping the OK button pressed, press the center of the multi selector.
• D3S: Keeping the thumbnail/playback zoom button pressed, press the center of the multi selector.
• D800, D800E, and D300S: Press the OK button on the camera.
• D7000: Keeping the BKT button pressed, press the OK button.
- Download S-WTU___-010506MF-NSA__-64BIT_.dmg / S-WTU___-010506MF-INT__-64BIT_.dmg / S-WTU___-010506MF-EUR__-64BIT_.dmg / S-WTU___-010506MF-CND__-64BIT_.dmg.
- Double-click the downloaded file to mount a S-WTU___-010506MF-NSA__-64BIT_ / S-WTU___-010506MF-INT__-64BIT_ / S-WTU___-010506MF-EUR__-64BIT_ / S-WTU___-010506MF-CND__-64BIT_ disk image containing a “Welcome” file.
- Double-click the “Welcome” file to launch the installer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete installation.