- macOS Big Sur version 11
- macOS Catalina version 10.15
- macOS Mojave version 10.14
- macOS High Sierra version 10.13
||Apple Silicon or Intel Core or Xeon series, 1 GHz or better
||2 GB or more
|Supported digital cameras
- • The Z 7II, Z 7, Z 6II, Z 6, Z 5, Z 50, Z fc, D6, D5, D850, D810, D780, D750, D500, D7500, D7200, D5600, D5500, D5300, and D3500
- Note: Some of the above products may not have been announced or released in all countries or regions.
|Tested web conferencing apps
- • Web version: Microsoft Teams, Skype, Zoom, Google Meet, and Facebook Messenger. Safari is not supported; use Chrome.
- • App: Zoom and Facebook Messenger. Not compatible with applications that lack support for virtual cameras.
- Apple Silicon
- • Web version: Microsoft Teams, Skype, Zoom, Facebook Messenger, and Google Meet. Safari is not supported; use Chrome. Note that the Webcam Utility functions as a universal plugin and on Apple Silicon machines runs as an Apple Silicon native app in the universal version of Chrome.
- • Select P, S, A, or M mode when using a D750, D7500, D7200, D5600, D5500, D5300, or D3500.
- • Camera microphones are not supported. Use an external microphone or the microphone supplied with your computer.
- • If live view ends prematurely, choose higher values for Monitor off delay > Live view in the camera menus.
- • The live view displays for the D810, D750, D7200, D5600, D5500, D5300, and D3500 are small.
- • The camera temperature may rise and live view may end after periods of extended use. Wait for the camera to cool.
- • Using live view increases the drain on the battery.
- • Exit Nikon Transfer 2 and Camera Control Pro 2 before connecting to the camera.
- • Do not attempt to use Webcam Utility from multiple web conferencing apps simultaneously.
- • When using Nikon Transfer 2 or Camera Control Pro 2, end the connection to “Webcam Utility” in the web conferencing app.
- • You may not be able to adjust camera settings while the camera is connected to a computer. Before adjusting settings, turn the camera off and disconnect the USB cable.
- • The frame size is 1024 x 768 pixels (XGA). Some web conferencing apps may use different aspect ratios.
- • After establishing a connection to the camera, be careful not to remove the memory card while the memory card access lamp is lit.
- • Live view may not end automatically when the live view auto off timer expires.
- • Live view may not end when the camera is turned on and off. Turn the camera off and then on again.
- • Extend retractable lenses before use.
- • Select mode M when using non-CPU lenses with the D750, D7500, D7200, D5600, D5500, D5300, or D3500.
- • When using the D5, D810, D750, D500, D7500, D7200, D5600, D5500, D5300, or D3500 with no memory card inserted, select Enable release for Slot empty release lock.
- • Live view may take more time to start if the memory card contains a large number of pictures.