Although your device does not support this download service, it can be used to view download information. Links to downloads can be sent via e-mail for download on a computer.
Webcam Utility (Windows)
Select your operating system.
This software update program is for the customer-owned product listed above (the “affected product”), and is provided only on acceptance of the agreement listed below. By selecting “Accept” and clicking “Download”, you are held to have accepted the terms and conditions of the agreement. Be sure you understand the terms of the agreement before beginning download.
About Webcam Utility
Webcam Utility lets a Nikon camera be used as a webcam when connected to a computer via USB.
The camera will function as a webcam when “Webcam Utility” is selected as an external camera in a web conferencing app.
- • This software is distributed as a file named “S-NWU___-010001WF-ALLIN-ALL___.exe”. Download and run the file to perform the update.
- • When performing the update, log in to an account with administrator privileges.
- • Before beginning installation, exit Webcam Utility and all other applications, including any anti-virus software.
- • Read the information below before proceeding.
- System requirements
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
- Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
- Note: Pre-installed versions.
- 64-bit edition (32-bit systems not supported).
||Intel Celeron, Pentium 4, or Core series, 1 GHz or better
||4 GB or more
|Supported digital cameras
- • The Z 7II, Z 7, Z 6II, Z 6, Z 5, Z 50, D6, D5, D850, D810, D780, D750, D500, D7500, D7200, D5600, D5500, D5300, and D3500
- Note: Some of the above products may not have been announced or released in all countries or regions.
|Tested web conferencing apps
- • Microsoft Teams, Skype, Zoom, Facebook Messenger, Google Meet
- • Select P, S, A, or M mode when using a D750, D7500, D7200, D5600, D5500, D5300, or D3500.
- • Camera microphones are not supported. Use an external microphone or the microphone supplied with your computer.
- • If live view ends prematurely, choose higher values for Monitor off delay > Live view in the camera menus.
- • The live view displays for the D810, D750, D7200, D5600, D5500, D5300, and D3500 are small.
- • The camera temperature may rise and live view may end after periods of extended use. Wait for the camera to cool.
- • Using live view increases the drain on the battery.
- • Exit Nikon Transfer 2 and Camera Control Pro 2 before connecting to the camera.
- • When Webcam Utility is accessed from multiple web conferencing apps simultaneously, live view will be available to only one app.
- • When using Nikon Transfer 2 or Camera Control Pro 2, end the connection to “Webcam Utility” in the web conferencing app.
- • You may not be able to adjust camera settings while the camera is connected to a computer. Before adjusting settings, turn the camera off and disconnect the USB cable.
- • The frame size is 1024 x 768 pixels (XGA). Some web conferencing apps may use different aspect ratios.
- • After establishing a connection to the camera, be careful not to remove the memory card while the memory card access lamp is lit.
- • Live view may not end automatically when the live view auto off timer expires.
- • Live view may not end when the camera is turned on and off. Turn the camera off and then on again.
- • The camera may not exit PC mode when the web conferencing app closes. PC mode can be ended by disconnecting the USB cable.
• Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
• All other trade names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
- Changes from Version 0.9.0 to 1.0.1
- • Added support for the Z 7II, Z 6II, D5, D810, D750, D7200, D5500, D5300, and D3500.
- Create a folder on the hard disk and name it as desired.
- Download S-NWU___-010001WF-ALLIN-ALL___.exe to the folder created in Step 1.
- Run S-NWU___-010001WF-ALLIN-ALL___.exe to launch the installer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete installation.
- • There is no need to launch the software when installation is complete. No shortcut will be added to the menus or desktop.
- • You may need to restart the computer.
- Checking That the Software Is Installed
- Connect the camera and computer using a USB cable.
- Turn the camera on.
- Launch the web conferencing app and select “Webcam Utility” as the external camera.
- Confirm that the image from the camera is displayed in the web conferencing app.
- Select Settings > System.
- Select Apps & features.
- Select “Webcam Utility” in the list and choose Uninstall to launch the uninstaller.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.