Although your device does not support this download service, it can be used to view download information. Links to downloads can be sent via e-mail for download on another device.
Capture NX-D (Mac)
Select your operating system.
This software update program is for the customer-owned product listed above (the “affected product”), and is provided only on acceptance of the agreement listed below. By selecting “Accept” and clicking “Download”, you are held to have accepted the terms and conditions of the agreement. Be sure you understand the terms of the agreement before beginning download.
About Capture NX-D
Capture NX-D photo processing software lets you realize the full potential of your Nikon digital camera and lens, producing images with the unsurpassable quality envisioned by our designers. It offers features specifically designed for post-processing of RAW images and provides them in an intuitive, easy-to-use form. In addition to processing RAW images, it can be used to enhance JPEG and TIFF images taken with Nikon digital cameras through adjustments to brightness, contrast, tone curves, and more.
- • This software is distributed as a file named “S-NXD___-010600MF-ALLIN-ALL___.dmg”. Download and run the file to perform the update.
- • When performing the update, you will be prompted for the administrator password.
- • Before beginning installation, exit Capture NX-D and all other applications, including any anti-virus software.
- • Read the information below before proceeding.
- Product Description
||Capture NX-D Version 1.6.0
- macOS Mojave version 10.14
- macOS High Sierra version 10.13
- macOS Sierra version 10.12
||Intel Core 2 Duo or better (Core i5 or better recommended), Intel Xeon
||4 GB or more
|Hard disk space
||A minimum of 800 MB free disk space required for installation (2 GB or more recommended)
- Resolution: 1366 × 768 pixels or more (1920 × 1080 pixels or more recommended)
- Colors: 24-bit color (millions of colors) or more
|Supported digital cameras
Note: Some of the above products may not have been announced or released in all countries or regions.
- • The Z 7, Z 6, and Z 50
- • All Nikon digital SLR cameras from the D1 (released in 1999) to the D850 (released in September 2017) and the D3500
- • All Nikon 1 cameras from the V1 and J1 (released in 2011) to the J5 (released in April 2015)
- • All COOLPIX cameras from the COOLPIX E100 (released in 1997) to models released in February 2019 and the COOLPIX W150
- • The KeyMission 360, KeyMission 170, and KeyMission 80
|Supported file types
||All NEF/NRW (RAW), JPEG, and TIFF images created with supported digital cameras or Nikon software
- • Thumbnails and histograms are not updated to reflect changes in unsharp mask or the Picture Control sharpness parameter.
- • Capture NX-D does not immediately update when Picture Controls are edited or created in Picture Control Utility 2. The changes are reflected the next time Capture NX-D starts.
- • If the Picture Control for an NEF (RAW) photo shot using a DX2MODE Picture Control (DX2MODE 1, 2, or 3) is changed to Latest Picture Control and the photo is then opened in Capture NX-D, Capture NX-D will automatically select the “Standard” Picture Control.
- • Fisheye is unavailable with photos taken using a D1, D1X, or D1H camera with an AF-S Fisheye NIKKOR 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5E ED lens.
- • View images at zoom ratios over 50% to verify image processing effects.
- • Capture NX-D is not optimized for dark mode in macOS 10.14 (Mojave).
- • Declining access in the event that macOS 10.14 (Mojave) displays a permission dialog may cause unexpected results. To restore normal operation, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy and enable the Capture NX-D check boxes in Photos and Automation.
For information on using this software, select Capture NX-D Help in the Capture NX-D Help menu.
- Changes from Version 1.5.3 to 1.6.0
- • Added support for the Z 50.
- • Pictures can now be protected.
- • Text can now be entered in text boxes even when multiple color control points are selected.
- • The mouse wheel can now be used to position control point sliders in the preview display, allowing fine adjustments to be made a click at a time.
- • Users can now prioritize speed or quality via Preferences > View > View Images.
- • The drop in thumbnail display speed for cropped images can now be addressed by selecting speed priority.
- • Fixed an issue that resulted in changes in hue when NEF images edited using Capture NX2 were saved in other formats.
- • Fixed an issue that caused the focus point to move if images were cropped or straightened with the focus point hidden.
- Download S-NXD___-010600MF-ALLIN-ALL___.dmg.
- Double-click the downloaded file to mount a S-NXD___-010600MF-ALLIN-ALL___ disk image containing a “Welcome” file.
- Double-click the “Welcome” file to launch the installer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete installation.
- User's Manual
Capture NX-D Help
- Related Software